Last Updated – September 2014
This website ("Site") is operated by Amadeus IT Group SA ("Amadeus"), a company registered with the Commercial Registry of Madrid, General Volume 215552 of Section 8 of the Companies Book, Folio 131, Sheet no M-383503 CIF/VAT: ES-A84409408 with principal offices at C/ Salvador de Madariaga 1, 28027 Madrid, Spain.
Use of this site
Amadeus operates and controls the Site and provides it to you in its absolute discretion.
Amadeus may withdraw or change the Site at any time in its absolute discretion including suspending access to the Site. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Restrictions on use
- You must comply with all applicable local, national or international law or regulation when using the Site and must not use the Site for illegal or illegitimate purposes;
- You must not use the Site in in any way that may prejudice or damage Amadeus’ business.
- You must not transmit any material that is defamatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable.
- You must not use the Site in any way for your own commercial gain,
- You must not reproduce, duplicate, copy (other than for personal and non-commercial purposes) or re-sell any part of the Site.
- You must not modify the materials that you reproduce, duplicate or copy and you must not use illustration, photographs, video or audio separately from accompanying text.
- Where materials are reproduced, duplicated or copied there shall be a proper and accurate display of the source of the materials.
- You must not access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of the Site; any equipment or network on which the Site is stored; any software used in the provision of the Site; or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
- You must not knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- You must not take any action that will or could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise Amadeus systems or security or interfere with other users.
- You must not infringe Amadeus intellectual property rights or those of any third party in relation to your use of the Site.
You may create links to the Site provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our Site that allow you to upload content to the Site or make contact with other users of the Site. Where we do provide these interactive services you warrant that you shall not contribute any information that:
- Contains any third party material or content for which you have not obtained all the necessary consents and licenses.
- Is defamatory, unlawful, obscene, offensive, hateful, inflammatory, pornographic, in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence or is threatening, abusive, invades another’s privacy, or causes annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal office or give rise to civil liability or otherwise contrary to the law of or would infringe the rights of any party in any country in the world.
- Is technically harmful (including without limitation, containing computer viruses).
To the extent that you contribute any information to the Site you hereby grant Amadeus and its group companies a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, transferable and sub licensable right to use, reproduce both electronically and otherwise, display, distribute, modify, adapt, publish and create derivative works from any and all such contributions including for the purposes of advertising and marketing.
Intellectual property rights
Amadeus reserves its right to take such action as it considers necessary, including issuing legal proceedings without further notice to you, in relation to any unauthorised use of this Site.
- You will not use the Site in any manner which may cause damage to Amadeus or bring Amadeus into disrepute;
- Your use of the Site will not infringe the rights of any third party.
Limitation of liabilty
Your use of this Site is entirely at your own risk. While Amadeus will make reasonable efforts to ensure that the content of the Site is up to date and accurate, Amadeus makes no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied that the Site:
- is accurate, complete or up to date;
- will always be available;
- is secure, free from errors, faults, defects, viruses or malware.
To the maximum extent permissible by law (and except in respect of death or personal injury arising out of the negligence of Amadeus or in respect of fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation) Amadeus does not accept liability (whether based on contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise) for:
- any inaccuracies, or omissions in the content of the Site, or
- any loss, damage, cost, expense of any kind incurred by you arising in connection with your access to, use of, or inability to use the Site or any content contained in them; and by using the Site you release Amadeus from all such liability.
Amadeus cannot be held liable for any content made available through interactive services on the Site.
Advertising material submitted by third parties may be visible on the Site. Each individual advertiser is responsible for the content of its advertising materials including without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy.
Amadeus assumes no responsibility for the content of websites and resources provided by third parties that may be accessed through links on the Site, these links are provided for information only. Amadeus have no control over the contents of these website and resources and accept no responsibility for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Amadeus may in its absolute discretion immediately terminate this Agreement upon notice to you. Amadeus may suspend your use of the Site without notice at any time, without incurring any liability to you whatsoever.
Consequences of termination
Immediately on termination of this Agreement,
- you will not have the right to use the Site and all permissions set out in this Agreement shall cease;
- you shall immediately delete any information received or used by you which relates to the Site.
If you require further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated – July 2014
- Personal Information
- IP details and location data;
What Types of Information Do We Collect?
Amadeus and third party service providers may collect and process information from you at various stages during your use of the Site.
Information you give us
Personal Information is information that identifies you as an individual. The information we collect may include: name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address.
Information we and our third party service providers may collect from you
Cookies and Advertising
Location Data We may obtain information relating to your geographical location when you use the Site. We may use location data for the purposes of providing you with location based products and services at that time and we will not retain this information or share it with third parties.
Technical Information This may include your IP Address, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
Non-Personal Information Aggregated information about your use of the Site, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
How Does Amadeus Use Information Collected From You?
We may the information collected from you:
- To fulfill your requests (e.g., to send you news and updates and answer your questions).
- To obtain your feedback (e.g., through a survey).
- To send you important information regarding the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information.
- Where authorized by you or by law, to inform you by e-mail of our products and services, special offers and promotions and any other marketing materials which we think may interest you.
- To permit you to send messages regarding Site-related content to a friend through the Site. If you wish to use this feature, you may be required to provide us with, and we may use, your friend's e-mail address to facilitate message sending to your friend. By using this functionality, you affirm that you are entitled to use and provide us with the recipient's name and email address for this purpose. Amadeus shall not assume any liability that may arise from sending this kind of messages to the recipients. Any resulting liability will be your responsibility as you are the person who facilitated your friend's data. We will not to use your friend's Personal Information for any other purpose other than to allow the email to be sent, unless we disclose such other purpose to you at the time you provide such Personal Information to us.
- For our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our website, improving our services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
Non-Personal Information. Because Non-Personal Information does not personally identify you, we may use it for any purpose. In addition, we reserve the right to share Non Personal Information, which does not personally identify you, with affiliates and other third parties, for any purpose. In some instances, we may combine Non-Personal Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your geographical location). If we do combine any Non-Personal Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information hereunder as long as it is so combined.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose Personal Information:
In addition we may disclose your information to third parties:
- business partners, suppliers, subcontractors and service providers for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- To identify you to any person to whom you send messages regarding Site-related content through the Site;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site; *To an affiliate or other third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- If necessary: (a) under applicable law including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal processes; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Forums and Profiles
We may make available through the Site services (for example, message boards, chat functionality, "profile pages" and blogs, among other services) to which you are able to post information and materials. Please be aware that the information you disclose through such forums and profiles services becomes public information, and may be available to visitors to the Site and to the general public. As a recommendation we urge you to exercise discretion and caution when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, on the Site. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE OF ANY Personal Information YOU VOLUNTARILY DISCLOSE THROUGH THE SITE.
Third Party Sites
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please do not send us sensitive information through e-mail. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the contacting section of this Site (note that if you choose to notify us via physical mail, this will delay the time it takes for us to respond to the problem). Please note that e-mail communications will not necessarily be secure; accordingly you should not include credit card information in your e-mail correspondence with us.
If you change your mind, and no longer wish to receive marketing-related e-mails from us on a going-forward basis, or if you would prefer that we do not share Personal Information about you on a going-forward basis with our affiliates for such affiliates' marketing purposes, you may opt-out of receiving such marketing-related e-mails or from such sharing by using the tool provided to do that.
We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out as described above, we will not be able to remove your Personal Information from the databases of our affiliates with which we have already shared your Personal Information (i.e., to which we have already provided your Personal Information as of the date that we implement your opt-out request).
If you would like to access, review, correct, update or otherwise limit our use of your Personal Information that has been previously provided to us, you may contact us by email in English language at email@example.com
Note Regarding the Use of the Site by Children:
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request such individuals not to provide Personal Information through the Site.
Jurisdictional and Cross-Border Issues
We do not represent or warrant that the Site or any part thereof, is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Site do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. We may limit the Site's availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion. By using the Site and submitting any Personal Information, you consent to the transfer of Personal Information to other countries which may provide a different level of data security than in your country of residence.
In this Policy you will find information on what cookies are, what cookies may be set when you visit www.amadeus.com and how to manage them.
What is a Cookie
A cookie is a small file placed on your device (e.g computer or mobile phone) when you visit a website. Cookies are used to make your use of the website easier as well as provide business and marketing information to the website operator.
The term cookies includes similar technologies for collecting and storing information, such as Local Shared Objects (commonly referred to as "flash cookies") and web beacons or web bugs (including transparent or clear gifs).
Types of Cookies
There is a distinction between session cookies and persistent cookies and between first party and third party cookies.
Session cookies allow actions to be tracked during a single browser session. They are deleted from your device when you close the browser. Persistent cookies remain on your device between sessions and allow a website to “recognise” a user on their return and to remember their preferences, they will remain stored on your device until deleted or they reach a specified expiry date.
Session and persistent cookies can be either first or third-party cookies - a first-party cookie is set by the website being visited. A third-party cookie is issued by a party other than website being visited.
Opting Out of Cookies
Browsers can be set to allow you to reject all cookies, or to accept cookies from websites only for the duration of your visit. Some browsers will allow you to reject just third party cookies. If you want to know how to do this please look at the help menu on your browser. Please be aware that if you choose to delete or restrict cookies some features of this website may not work.
For general information about cookies and how to disable them, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
We use session and persistent cookies for the following purposes:
Strictly necessary cookies - These are essential cookies that are required for the operation of the website and to allow you to use its features. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website and carry out specific tasks.
Analytical/performance cookies – These cookies collect anonymous information about how visitors use our website. This aggregated information is used help us to improve the way our website works.
Functionality cookies - These cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website, record information about choices you have made and allow us to tailor the website to your needs. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of location preference).
Targeting cookies - These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed and information from IP addresses. These cookies will be used to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to you and your interests.
We may use third party service providers to perform these services for us and when this is the case the cookies may be set by third party (third party cookies) with our permission. The third party service providers may share information with other parties. These cookies are not controlled by Amadeus. The third party cookies are identified in the detailed list below.
Sometimes we embed images, videos or other content from third party websites. As a result when you visit the page featuring this content you may be presented with cookies from these websites. We do not control these cookies and cannot prevent these sites or domains from collecting information on your use of this content. You should check the relevant party’s website for more information.
Social networking and sharing tools
On some pages we may feature embedded share buttons or widgets that allow you to share content with friends through a number of social networking sites. These social networking sites may set cookies that can identify you as an individual when you are also logged into their services. We do not control these cookies and you should check with the relevant website to see how your information is used.
Detailed Table setting Out Cookies Used
The table below details the most frequently used cookies on www.amadeus.com and explains their use. We will keep our cookies lists as up to date as possible.
|Cookie Name||First/Third Party||Functionality||Description|
|cookies_acepted||1st||Functionality Cookies||When the user accepts our cookies, we set up this one not to ask him/her again|
|BIGipServer~Corporate~WCM||1st||Strictly Necessary Cookies||The load balancer uses this cookie to maintain a user in the same machine during a session|
|JSESSIONID||1st||Strictly Necessary Cookies||This cookie is used to identify you as a user between pages during a session.|
|SS_X_JSESSIONID||1st||Strictly Necessary Cookies||This cookie is used to identify you as a user between pages during a session.|
|ALIAS||1st||Strictly Necessary Cookies||This cookie is used to identify you as a user between pages during a session.|
|__utmv||3rd||Analytical/Performance Cookies used to store visitor-level custom variable data.||Google Analytics (*)|
|__utma||3rd||Analytical/Performance Cookies used to distinguish users and sessions.||Google Analytics|
|__utmb||3rd||Analytical/Performance Cookies used to determine new sessions/visits. Expires in 30 min.||Google Analytics|
|__utmc||3rd||Analytical/Performance Cookies||Google Analytics|
|__utmz||3rd||Analytical/Performance Cookies used to store the traffic source or campaign.||Google Analytics|
|_gat||1st||Analytical/Performance Cookie used to throttle the request rate. Expires in 10 min.||Google Analytics|
|_ga||1st||Analytical/Performance Cookies used to distinguish users. Expires in 2 years.||Google Analytics|
|s_cc||1st||Analytical/Performance Cookie. Determines whether cookies are enabled in the browser||Adobe Marketing Cloud (**)|
|s_sq||1st||Analytical/Performance Cookie. Stores information about the previous link clicked.||Adobe Marketing Cloud|
|s_fid||1st||Analytical/Performance Cookie. A 'fallback' visitor identifier. It contains a randomly generated, unique id.||Adobe Marketing Cloud|
|s_nr||1st||Analytical/Performance Cookie. Stores date of visit and if visitor is new or returning.||Adobe Marketing Cloud|
|utag_main||1st||Analytical/Performance Cookie used by Tealium (Tag Management System) in order to serve analytics cookies.||Adobe Marketing Cloud|
|is||3rd||Analytical/Performance Cookies||Idio Analytics & Personalization Service - This session cookie, in conjunction with the iv cookie, enables identifing anonymously - no IP is collected - a visitor’s session.|
|iv||3rd||Analytical/Performance Cookies||Idio Analytics & Personalization Service - This persistent cookie anonymously - no IP is collected - identify a blog visitor for purpose of enabling Amadeus to track visitor’s actions across the the blog.|
|eBusinessCookie1||1st||Used by KANA for external authentication/authorization||Used only in eSupport Centre|
|lsp-login-profileid8701||1st||Used for saving login information (last 4 digits change in each release)||Used only in eSupport Centre|
|lsp-login-logintype8701||1st||Used for saving login information (last 4 digits change in each release)||Used only in eSupport Centre|
|lsp-login-officeid8701||1st||Used for saving login information (last 4 digits change in each release)||Used only in eSupport Centre|
|lsp-login-agentsign8701||1st||Used for saving login information (last 4 digits change in each release)||Used only in eSupport Centre|
|lsp-login-username8701||1st||Used for saving login information (last 4 digits change in each release)||Used only in eSupport Centre|
|lsp-login-userid8701||1st||Used for saving login information (last 4 digits change in each release)||Used only in eSupport Centre|
|lsp-login-organisation8701||1st||Used for saving login information (last 4 digits change in each release)||Used only in eSupport Centre|
|isLoginFromSSO8701||1st||Used for saving login information (last 4 digits change in each release)||Used only in eSupport Centre|
|esc-google-trans||1st||Used for the Google Translate plug-in||Used only in eSupport Centre|
|googtrans||1st||Used for the Google Translate plug-in||Used only in eSupport Centre|
|LBROUTEID||1st||Used by Load Balancer, stores the nodes the user is connected to||Used only in eSupport Centre|
|com.silverpop.iMAWebCookie||1st||Analytical/Performance Cookie used by Silverpop to assign a Unique Identifier to the visitor. Used to pass individual identity to Engage along with specific actions.||Silverpop Engage|
|com.silverpop.iMA.page_visit||1st||One “per session” cookie created for each page visited in the session. Used to distinguish the first visit to a webpage by an individual from subsequent visits.||Silverpop Engage|
|com.silverpop.iMA.session||1st||The Unique Identifier for the current browsing session. Used to associate a series of individual events to a single functional browsing session.||Silverpop Engage|
(*) Google Analytics – these cookies are used to collect information in an anonymous form about how visitors use the website. The information is used to compile reports and help us improve the site. Click here for an overview of privacy at Googlehttp://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html
(**) Adobe Marketing Cloud – these cookies are used to collect information in an anonymous form about how visitors use the website. The information is used to compile reports and help us improve the site. Click here for an overview of privacy at Adobehttp://www.adobe.com/privacy.html